It’s Tuesday and there’s no show today. Did everyone know about this? Not me. I was looking forward to today’s show because I had to drive from Jersey down to DC starting at 6 this morning.

On another note, not sure who’s heard this yet…

XM and Sirius, the two satellite radio companies that have spent millions of dollars trying to woo pay-for-service customers, yesterday announced plans to merge in hopes of stemming losses and offering an even larger smorgasbord of music, talk and sports.

From the Washington Post

27 Responses to “No show today?!”

1. highplains says:

That sucks man. Stern is the best on long drives or flights, its down right manditory.

Maybe they heard about the merge a while ago and were told to stay off the air for some reason or antoher … Whatever.

BTW: This is not good, addicts do not take well to spare time or boredrom.

late!

2. Dewbag says:

The show is off this week.

3. thebronxmann says:

Howard has some great contract with Sirius,,,,I have not done the math but I think he has more days off then work.
    It sucks for us fans but those working on the show have to love it.
    I hope you keep this site up,,,,its a great place to talk, not only about Artie but the rest of the show.

4. ottosite22 says:

Is Artie coming back?

5. Bigfatblacklady says:

FUCKIN’ LAZY ASSHOLES

“Hey, President’s Day is on Monday, fellas, so let’s take the whole week off!”

“You mean take the usual four day work-week off?”

“Sure! It’s a holiday!”

“So is Arbor day. Can we take that entire week off too?”

“You bet!”

FUCKING LAZY FUCKING LAZY FUCKING LAZY FUCKING LAZY FUCKING LAZY FUCKING LAZY

COME ON MAN, THE SHIT IS OLD! I PAY FOR NEW MATERIAL, NOT BEST OF REPACKAGED!

6. Bigfatblacklady says:

And btw, I had a four hour drive on Monday morning. I looked forward to new show material all weekend, and what did I hear? BIlly West shit from 1995.

HOWARD, IT’S 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK BEST OF

7. Dewbag says:

A lot of the best of stuff is not that good.

8. Bigfatblacklady says:

Most of it is horrible. Watered down, censored, Jackie-era crap that no one gives a shit about.

9. ctguy says:

I know we were all Jackie fans during the 90’s but after listening to his on repeats this week you realize how much more Artie brings to the show (whe he is awake or there) Anyway Howard TV has a great footage on Artie asleep on the couch and yes there is a bed (with a microphone) in the Studio… It has red satin sheets.

Also the crew is off this week. New York and CT have no school this week so it gives the staff with kids so time off (they do get alot it seems)

10. beerleaguesucked says:

Artie just blew up… i want my fn time compensated for sitting through his shitty movie….

11. highplains says:

“Anyway Howard TV has a great footage on Artie asleep on the couch and yes there is a bed (with a microphone) in the Studio… It has red satin sheets.”

OMG that was funny as hell

12. thebronxmann says:

good point CTGUY,,,,Artie adds so much more to the show,,,,Jackie made the biggest mistake turning down his contract,,,,if Artie leaves I don’t think Howard would bring back Jackie

13. Bigfatblacklady says:

YES, I FINALLY SAW THE BED!!!!!

The footage of him sleeping and attempting to get up is great.

Now, the question is: Will Arthur use his time off wisely and rest this week, or will he stone out and come back the same?

Oh Artie, what have you done?

14. Bigfatblacklady says:

Does anyone else miss Wood-Yi as much as I do? Ol’ Steve was funny as hell, but when Howard went to Sirius, Steve stayed at K-ROQ. Damn, I miss the guy.

15. highplains says:

Not sure if anyone here goes to the Howrd Stern newsgroup but someone just posted alot of arties ‘sick’ clips from the show. When they goof on him, when he comes back, etc…

16. impeterhayes says:

I have no problem with the crew taking a vacation.But Jesus Christ let the audience know.What the fuck is the big deal about letting us know???We bought Sirius already we’re still going to listen to other channels.There is nothing more of a let down,getting in your car in the morning getting ready for the show & it’s a repeat.LET THE PEOPLE KNOW!

17. Bigfatblacklady says:

LAZINESS

What other excuse is there? Fuck, they’re worse than the post office – every fuckin’ Hallmark Holiday that comes around they take an entire week off for it! Jesus, it pisses me off so much. You’re telling me that three days off in a row EVERY WEEK is not enough??????????

LAZINESS

18. highplains says:

Artie sounds refreshed, with it and happy this morning….. what a bummer ;p

19. ctguy says:

It has nothing to due with Laziness. Howard contract includes eight weeks off per year. Based upon last years schedule you can plan on the following no shows on these weeks

February Vacation one week
    April Vacation one week
    One week July
    Two Weeks August
    Thanksgiving week
    Two weeks Christmas
    then a week the through out the year.

Also every Friday off

This is a contract that Sirius agreed to. If someone would pay me 100 million a year plus bonus I would take it for working 44 weeks a year.

Don’t blame Howard it was a contract that was accepted by Sirius.

20. ctguy says:

thebronxmann says:

February 22nd, 2007 at 4:32 pm

Bringing back Jackie would be a disaster!! There are far more talented people out there or not replacing Artie is also an option. Jackie is getting more annoying the more I listen to the old shows. He is dated and brings less and less to his weekly show. Just my opinion.

21. artielangeisajerkoff.blogspot says:

Good work homie
    hey can you add me to the links?
    by the way artie sounded like he was on heroin when he was doing the introduction to the music special

22. Bigfatblacklady says:

Those music intros were great

23. Bigfatblacklady says:

Hey site creator, where’s the new thread, buddy? Don’t get lazy on us.

24. Bigfatblacklady says:

Did you die or what?

Update, brotha!

25. Bigfatblacklady says:

Looks like the best Stern site in awhile is headed to the shitter…

26. Bigfatblacklady says:

Why am I the only one who cares here?

27. Suboxone_Artie says:

HEY UPDATE ALREADY!!!! They are going crazy over artie!!!! Artie’s not even at work. Robin slipped and mentioned he relapsed a few months ago!!! CMON!!!